General Information about Floral Park Rentals and Bellerose Rentals
Renting a home is not something you rush into blindly; it needs some serious thought. It is that is binding legal issue and requires that you sign a contract. So, understanding the issue is important before you take the step to sign the paperwork. Here are some pointers you should consider before you rent.
- The lease period, it is for 1 month, 6 months, 9 months or a year and when exactly can you move in.
- Are utility bills calculated in your rental payment
- How much is the security deposit
- Date when rent is due and whether or not there is a grace period if you are late with payment and required fee, if any, for late payment
- The type of payment required; personal or cashier checks
- Is there a nonrefundable fee if a credit check is required?
- What are the penalties if you decide to end the lease before the contracted time; will you incur any fees?
- Are children or pets allowed
- Will the building get a new coat of painting, if not, can you make this minor improvement.
- Are you allowed to hang pictures or attached any shelving
- Will you be supplied with blinds, drapes or carpets
- Is there an extra cost for available storage space for bikes and large objects?
- Does the property have facilities/amenities for laundry, gym, swimming pool, parking; what are the stipulations.
- What time can you move in, and do you have to use special elevators or stairs to do so.
These tips will help you to decide if the rental you are considering is the right one for you.