Homeowners That Are Looking to Move
A major concern among homeowners today is whether or not they should move. Many people have been forced to move out of their homes due to the present economic situation which has resulted in loss of jobs or job transfers. While the reasons for moving may vary, one thing note considering is making updates that will make you happy.
You have to be smart. Use updates that will improve the efficiency of your home and give you the best return on your investment when you chose to sell. However, despite the present craze in the real estate market which suggests that you have to spend big money on your property so that it can be sold quickly, this is not necessarily so. Spending a lot on your home may not be in your best interest in the long run should you need to sell. Let’s look at some things you should avoid.
- Never add to your house, this can really absorb too much money. The rapid decline in equity makes it too risky in this current real estate market.
- It’s unnecessary to paint, use wallpapers or finishes that buyers don’t like anyway.
- Leave out the decorating. Buyers are not interested in your personal decorating ideas; they won’t buy if you do.
- Don’t get a new kitchen. You can apply a little paint, add new appliances but resist the urge to get custom cabinets and granite counter tops. You’ll never regain the full cost from buyers.
- Don’t make major changes to bathrooms. Give the bathrooms a proper cleaning and splash on some paint.
- Never overprice your home. You can lose the perfect homebuyer if you do.
Get an appraisal! Get the facts before you do anything. Good luck.